The Webster University Ghana campus recently held its 2nd Annual Student Awards Night which was sponsored by the Student Affairs Office. The event which took place on the forecourt of the student residence was a night of appreciation, fun and great food.
The 2nd Annual Student Awards Night was an opportunity for student groups and individual students to be recognized for their hard work, and to their dedication to the office of Student Affairs, the Admissions office, and the University at large.
The awards were presented to the student leaders by staff and students of the university. Grace Boateng, the outgoing SGA President and an International Relations major, received the most distinguished award from the Student Affairs Office, The Gorlok of the Year Award,for her outstanding contributions to campus social life and extracurricular activities through significant involvement in the programming efforts of student organizations and departments.
The newly formed Radio Webster Ghana, led by first-year students Nana Mark-Hansen and Favour Odumo, was also selected as the Student Organization of the Year for its campus-wide impact as well as the consistent flexibility, initiative, creativity, and perseverance demonstrated in its programming.
Other Award recipients are listed below.
Individual Student Awards
- Recreational and Leisure Leadership Award: Emmanuel Hoyle, Junior, Management
- Emerging Leader Award: Favour Odumo, Freshman, International Relations
- Campus Voice Award: Keisha Amoah, Freshman, Computer Science
- Outstanding Contributions to SGA: Grace Boateng, Sophomore, International Relations
- Student Life Support Award: Abba Bako, Freshman, International Relations
- Academic Award: Sophomore or Junior with the highest GPA: Otonye Ekefre, Junior, International Relations
- Academic Award: Graduate student with the highest GPA: Joy Phillips, MA, International Relations
- Admissions Award: Most Supportive Student at Admissions Events: David Quartey, Freshman, Management
- Student of Students Surprise Award (based on impact story submission): Abanisenioluwa Orojo, Freshman, Computer Science
- Most Outstanding Student-led Program of the Year: Radio Webster Ghana
View more photos of the awards ceremony at the Ghana Campus’ Facebook page.