Education with a Global Perspective
At Webster Ghana, we understand school presents its own unique set of challenges.
That’s why enrolling in this private, non-profit University is easy—we maintain a rolling admissions policy, meaning there are no official application deadlines. In fact, our five intake periods—August, October, January, March and May—provide plenty of flexibility to when you want to get started.
Learn more about our application process for both undergraduates and working professionals seeking an advanced degree.
After selecting a program, apply online and prepare to submit the following documents:
- Official high school transcripts
- Certified true copy of high school diploma or External exams certificate
- Literal English translations of the diploma and transcripts (if they are not in English). Translations must be official: certified by an accredited translator or notarized by a competent legal authority. We do not accept photocopies of translations
- English proficiency results from TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, Pearson, Cambridge Academic English, Password, GTEC or iTEP tests
- A 300-word essay to discuss the following:
1. Your education and life experience
2. How have these experiences shaped your life goals?
3. How do you expect this program to help you achieve your goal?
- A letter of recommendation
- Official ID - A photocopy of a national identity card or passport biographical page
Applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee and by an Academic Advisor. We look for evidence of your potential to be successful. Primary consideration is given to your academic performance, the rigor and content of your coursework, your documented English language proficiency, your motivation, commitment and readiness for university life, as demonstrated in your application essay and discussed in your academic recommendations.
For prospective students who have international high school certificates and exam results, the National Accreditation Board requires you to submit these for evaluation. You may pay the GHS 250 fee, create an account and you can upload your documents online now here. Learn more about the NAB's evaluation process here. We advise you to apply for this evaluation while you are still in their home country to speed up the process.
American High School Diploma
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent in other grading systems (academic achievement in programs that use a grading or assessment scale other than a 4.0 is evaluated in the context of the relevant academic system)
- WASSCE: Credit passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant subjects
- SSSCE: Credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant subjects
Admission requirement for ‘A’ levels
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, applicants must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students). Applicants who attain the required grades can be awarded up to 32 credits.
Admission requirement for International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Applicants should have a pass grade of a minimum of 4 for all subjects. The list of subjects should include English and Mathematics, at the Standard Level. Applicants are required to have a minimum total score of 24. Applicants who attain the required grades can be awarded up to 32 credits.
- The English language proficiency minimum requirement is a TOEFL score of 550 points on the Paper-based test (PBT) and 80 points Internet-based tests (iBT), an IELTS overall score band 6.0 or a Duo lingo score of 120. Check with the admission team on other test scores.
Contact The Admissions Team
Mobile: +233-(0)540-120-849 | +233-(0)540-120-869
Explore Your Financial Options
Experience Webster Ghana
We understand financial considerations can be the deciding factor when planning for school. Whether you’re mapping out what the next four years look like as an undergraduate or if you’re working toward professionally advancing while balancing a family, we’ve got you covered.
An Unparalleled Academic Network
Our students have access to a global-centric curriculum, spanning four continents and nine countries worldwide.
To find out what program best fits your life and goals, connect with our Admissions staff.
Connect With Us
Webster University Ghana Celebrates 6th Graduating Class
December 1, 2020
Webster Ghana Hosts First Virtual Public Lecture on Impending 2020 Elections in Ghana and the USA | Webster University
October 9, 2020
In the News: Schuster on leadership, student debt; Flewellen in Business Journal; Ghana lecture series | Webster University
September 28, 2020
President Julian Z. Schuster was interviewed on the Vance Crowe Podcast about response to COVID-19, the value of higher...