Education with a Global Perspective
When you choose to pursue higher education, you need a school that understands how quickly the world is evolving, in order to equip you to become an active and impactful player. At Webster Ghana, the school experiences you have inside and outside of the classroom, shape you into a global citizen who is not only academically inclined, but socially adept.
We have rolling applications that allow you the flexibility to apply at any time and enroll with us in August, October, January, March or May. Our application is easy to complete and we have staff on hand to assist you through it should you need a hand with your undergraduate or graduate school application.
After selecting a program, apply online and prepare to submit the following documents:
- Official high school transcripts
- Certified true copy of high school diploma or External exams certificate
- Literal English translations of the diploma and transcripts, if they are not in English. To be official, translations must be certified by an accredited translator or notarized by a competent legal authority. We do not accept photocopies of translations
- English results from TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, Pearson, Cambridge Academic English, Password, GTEC or iTEP tests
- A 300-word essay to discuss the following:
1. Your education and life experience
2. How have these experiences shaped your life goals?
3. How do you expect this program to help you achieve your goal?
- A letter of recommendation
- Official ID: photocopy of a national identity card or passport biographical page
American High School Diploma
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4-point scale, or its equivalent in other grading systems (academic achievement in programs that use a grading or assessment scale other than a 4.0 is evaluated in the context of the relevant academic system)
- WASSCE: Credit passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant subjects
- SSSCE: Credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant subjects
Admission requirement for ‘A’ levels
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, applicants must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students). Applicants who attain the required grades can be awarded up to 32 credits.
Admission requirement for International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Applicants should have a pass grade of a minimum of 4 for all subjects. The list of subjects should include English and Mathematics at the Standard Level. Applicants are required to have a minimum total score of 24. Applicants who attain the required grades can be awarded up to 32 credits.
- The English language proficiency minimum requirement is a TOEFL score of 550 points on the Paper-based Test (PBT) and 80 points Internet-based Tests (iBT), an IELTS overall score band 6.0 or a Duo lingo score of 120. Check with the admission team on other test scores.
Contact the Admissions Team
Mobile: +233-(0)540-120-849 | +233-(0)540-120-869
Applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee and by an academic adviser. We look for evidence of your potential to be successful. Primary consideration is given to your academic performance, the rigor and content of your coursework, and your documented English language proficiency. We also consider your motivation, commitment and readiness for university life, as demonstrated in your application essay and discussed in your academic recommendations.
For prospective students who have international high school certificates and exam results, the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission requires you to submit these for evaluation. Visit our webpage to pay the GHS 250 fee, create an account, and upload your documents online. Learn more about the NAB evaluation process. We advise students to apply for this evaluation while in their own home country to speed up the process.
Explore Your Financial Options
We understand financial considerations can be the deciding factor when planning for school. Whether you’re mapping out what the next four years look like as an undergraduate or if you’re working toward professionally advancing while balancing a family, we’ve got you covered.
An Unparalleled Academic Network
Our students have access to a global-centric curriculum, spanning four continents and nine countries worldwide.
To find out what program best fits your life and goals, connect with our Admissions staff.
Connect With Us
In the News: DEI Conference keynote; Ghana & ARDN; Cooper, Corrigan on Capitol
February 18, 2021
Webster Ghana Takes ARDN Red Card Pledge to End Discrimination, Violence Against Females
February 16, 2021
Webster University Ghana Celebrates 6th Graduating Class
December 1, 2020