In learning about the complexity and diversity of human behavior, psychology students at Webster University have the opportunity to study the science, philosophical issues, and theories of the discipline in an engaging environment.
Offering a diverse psychology curriculum, Webster's psychology professors use approaches that range from the scientific to philosophical and the experimental to theoretical. Through exploration of these methods, psychology students develop and apply problem-solving skills that help them think analytically and communicate persuasively in the professional world.
The bachelor's degree in psychology is ideal for students seeking a strong theoretical foundation in the field of psychology. Webster also offers a minor in psychology for students who are interested in integrating psychological knowledge with their current academic program.
Approaches to Psychology
- Biological and Evolutionary perspectives: The roles of biological processes, structures, and inherited tendencies in explaining human behavior
- Clinical and Counseling perspectives: The diagnosis and treatment of mental, behavioral disorders, and adjustment problems
- Lifespan Development perspectives: Examination of how individuals grow, develop, and change throughout the lifespan
- Learning and Cognitive perspectives: Examination of the mental processes and environmental situations that underlie, shape, and control behavior
- Social and Cross-Cultural perspectives: The roles of social and cultural influences on behavior
Points of Distinction
- Courses are offered at Webster's global campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; London, United Kingdom; Vienna, Austria; and Leiden, the Netherlands.
- The degree opportunities in the Psychology Department are designed according to the most recent research on the scholarship of teaching and learning within the field of psychology.
- Curriculum is constantly updated to meet the best practices advocated by the American Psychological Association.
Psychology Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
Request More Information
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Come see our diverse, dynamic, and inspiring campus for yourself near a quiet neighborhood in East Legon.
Events & Clubs
Join in on a variety of on-campus excitement, from live entertainment to networking opportunities.
Connect with Us
News Around Webster: Sheng, Hill, Portnoy, Brewer, Bishop, Ghana and More
September 29, 2022
In this dispatch, Professor Sheng publishes a new book; several professors in Leigh Gerdine collaborate on an interfaith...
Webster University Myrtle Beach Professor Focuses Fellowship on Addressing Ghana’s Mental Health Gap
August 17, 2022
Global Teaching Fellowship Offers Opportunity for Webster Vienna Professor to Teach, Research in West Africa
August 10, 2022